Friday, March 9, 2012

They Told Me Not To Blink.....


..................................and I did!  18 years ago today we were blessed with our beautiful daughter Ashley.  On a day like today you find yourself flashing back & wondering where the time went.   I was there every step of the way, but I feel like I fell asleep & took a little nap & here we are.  As most people know, being a parent is one of the most exhilarating, frustrating, & rewarding experiences we get to have.  There is nothing like it!  Ashley & I have been butting heads since she was 5 years old but over the last couple of years we've developed a mutual respect for each other & have kinda a cool thing going now.  I still drive her crazy & she still pushes my buttons but it's okay.  It'll always be okay because she has grown into a young woman that I admire & respect.  I wish I had her confidence as a teenager.  She knows what she wants & she's not afraid to go after it.  We've been very fortunate to have incredible role models in her life.  These women know who they are as I have thanked them every step of the way.  It truly does take a Village to raise a child!  We're about to begin a new chapter in a few months as she goes off to
UNC-Wilmington to major in International Business & French.  As sad as I will be the day we take her to college.....I cannot wait to see what she does with this next chapter of her life.  She will do amazing things & she will continue to make us so very proud.


Oh, if you happen to run into me today....please give me a hug!  I sound like I got it together in this blog.....but I also feel like I need to cry.  :)

To my little Sweet Pea.....Happy 18th Birthday!  I love you more than words can say!